Welcome to my blog!

I've worn many hats during my entrepreneurial journey, including writing and creating whiteboard videos, marketing, investor relations (Blurbeo), owning and managing my own vapor pen brand (TouchESubject), servicing the real estate market and other clients as the CEO of Puget Sound Field Inspections, founded CLV Investments LLC, and currently holding a position with Byte Me LLC as a Digital Marketing Consultant.

This blog was originally started as a way for me to track my progress in trading stocks, but it's has since morphed into much more. I now use it as a window into what I'm doing to reach my goal of financial freedom. You're going to see what I'm doing to create multiple streams of income, articles and interviews that are business related or featuring other entrepreneurs, and most importantly you're going to get to know me and hopefully I can inspire you to pursue your own dreams

I'm a very driven individual with a passion for customer service and improving our communities.

Please feel free to connect. I'd love to do business with you.


Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Live Trading (Day 3): $STEM $CYCC $114 in gains


Day three of live trading was almost a red day for me. I went with the "gap and go" plays like last time and found that $STEM was showing potential for another run... it had a huge run the prior day. I had a nice entry of $1.79 and saw my position quickly run to $2.00. I thought it would run more so I set a loose trailing stop even though I was sitting on about $800 in gains. Of course the stock market gremlins had other plans and it faded on me and zapped my gains into about a $280 loss.

I almost placed a trade with $THLD which seemed to be a sympathy play on $STEM but ended up with a momentum trade in $CYCC shortly before a HOD breakout. My entry was $7.73 with the HOD breakout at $7.79. I ran with a trailing stop and locked in $350 profit on a dip. Left about a $1 on the table but I wasn't willing to set a stop that was too loose.

I could have had a $1k day... but there is no point in beating myself up. Losses and trades flipping on you are part of the game. $STEM could have just as easily continued to run and my loose stop could have kept me in longer and allowed me to capture more of the move. I managed my risk, stuck to my stops, ended the day green... not to mention I had the opportunity to trade with a view :)

Next trading day will be Monday the 22nd providing I'm not camping.






No comments:

Post a Comment