Banner

Banner
Welcome to my blog. A lot has changed since I started this thing. I'm now trading live after about a year of paper trading and studying. Originally I had planned on starting part time and slowly growing my account but life has a funny way of changing your plans. I found myself at a crossroads of sorts and quickly realized that I was being given a once in a lifetime opportunity to pursue my goals. I took the leap and I'm not looking back. Follow me here and see the triumphs and the losses.

Updated (08-10-16)

I tend to look for momentum trades that I can hold for anywhere from a few hours to a few days. I usually take positions of $5k to $10k in size to allow larger gains on smaller percentages (it's easier to hit a 1% to 5% gain vs a 10% to 20%+ gainer) and I like to use a trailing stop.

This blog is a way for me to log my progress and to aid me in learning, I hope that you find it useful. Financial freedom isn't given, it is earned. So plant the seeds of education and grow your pennies!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

At the Bottom of the Staircase, I Go Live!


Its been a long journey just to get to the base of my staircase to financial freedom. I've paper traded and studied for over a year and I finally feel that I am ready to move forward.

Unfortunately I'm not starting out above the PTD rule. I'm starting with an account $20k in size. The rule will make the start a little more difficult but since I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy I'm thinking it may be a blessing in disguise that will keep me at a safe pace to start.

This isn't some part time hobby or something I'm doing just for fun. This is my future, this is fulltime, and I will be living off of my profits and dealing with my losses.

It won't be an easy journey. My first "live" trading day proves that. My first trade in $HIIQ went red on me because I ended up getting in a little too late and had the position fade on me for a loss of $400... roughly -4% on the position. But it wasn't a sloppy loss, I cut my losses fairly quickly and managed my risk well. Red days will happen, that is just part of trading. My second trade is an overnight swing in $MWW that gapped 20% on earnings and buyout news. I entered after it appeared to be holding its gains and I'm looking to catch a second day runner.

Remember folks, financial freedom comes to those who plant the seeds of education and grow their pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment