Welcome to my blog!

I've worn many hats during my entrepreneurial journey, including writing and creating whiteboard videos, marketing, investor relations (Blurbeo), owning and managing my own vapor pen brand (TouchESubject), servicing the real estate market and other clients as the CEO of Puget Sound Field Inspections, founded CLV Investments LLC, and currently holding a position with Byte Me LLC as a Digital Marketing Consultant.

This blog was originally started as a way for me to track my progress in trading stocks, but it's has since morphed into much more. I now use it as a window into what I'm doing to reach my goal of financial freedom. You're going to see what I'm doing to create multiple streams of income, articles and interviews that are business related or featuring other entrepreneurs, and most importantly you're going to get to know me and hopefully I can inspire you to pursue your own dreams

I'm a very driven individual with a passion for customer service and improving our communities.

Please feel free to connect. I'd love to do business with you.


Monday, March 2, 2015

Confusion on NBG Trailing Stop: 11.25% vs 8%

ShareBuilder sent this reply regarding my trailing stop...

From Capital One ShareBuilder Customer Service
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your patience while our Trading Team researched your NBG trade that executed on 2/25. The 8% trailing stop is what the trigger price would be from the high. So for your sell, the high price was $2.00 per share. This meant that anything $1.80 or below would trigger the order, and then become a market order. So because the price opened up at $1.77 per share at 9:30:16 am EST on 2/25, the order was triggered and became a market order. This market order was filled at 9:30:25 am when the bid was at $1.77/share.

Our Trading Team did confirm that this all executed correctly.

You'll also be able to find additional info about how trailing stops execute by clicking here.

Thanks, hope this helps and enjoy your week Chris!



Sincerely,

Shea McGivney
Capital One ShareBuilder Customer Service

No comments:

Post a Comment