Welcome to my blog!

I've worn many hats during my entrepreneurial journey, including writing and creating whiteboard videos, marketing, investor relations (Blurbeo), owning and managing my own vapor pen brand (TouchESubject), servicing the real estate market and other clients as the CEO of Puget Sound Field Inspections, founded CLV Investments LLC, and currently holding a position with Byte Me LLC as a Digital Marketing Consultant.

This blog was originally started as a way for me to track my progress in trading stocks, but it's has since morphed into much more. I now use it as a window into what I'm doing to reach my goal of financial freedom. You're going to see what I'm doing to create multiple streams of income, articles and interviews that are business related or featuring other entrepreneurs, and most importantly you're going to get to know me and hopefully I can inspire you to pursue your own dreams

I'm a very driven individual with a passion for customer service and improving our communities.

Please feel free to connect. I'd love to do business with you.


Wednesday, April 27, 2016

(HTMM) Video 5 Overview

I'm going to warn you now, the footnotes I took for video 5 are much less than the other prior chapters. Not because of a lack of information, but mostly because a lot of it was repeated points from the prior videos but shown during one of Tim's live trading webinars.

As for the title I'd give video 5? That would have to be "Cherish Your Losers" and I'll explain that at the end of this post.

But first, the notes:

As mentioned in prior videos Tim wants you to look for the daily percent gainers and then do you DD on them looking for earnings winners, contract winners, technical supports and resistance, etc.

Don't be afraid to dig a little deeper into the company's PR that is pushing the stock up, look at the filings, who wrote the article, wording in the article, etc.

Tim warned about shorting stocks around Thanksgiving and Christmas because more people are home around those times, mostly novice traders, and they tend to only go long. That extra flow of longs can make it difficult on shorts and you can get squeezed.

Don't be afraid of not holding overnight, its okay to have zero position. Remember, cash is safe the market is risk. It is about who wants your money the most? You or the market.

Tim said that if you are having a losing streak... which will happen from time to time, you should learn from them, don't double down and make things worse. You should trade less, go back to the fundamentals and review your trades, figure out what you are doing wrong.

The "January Effect" was briefly explained and it was mentioned that often times beaten down stocks will spike for no apparent reason in January and that it is due to company's selling shares for tax breaks.

Make sure you're not chasing a stock. I've done this because of the "FOMO" Fear of Missing Out, and there have been a few times it worked out but there have also been many that did not and I took losses because of it.

It's okay to take profits even at a lower price if you are getting uncomfortable, all profits are gifts.

Lastly, I'll explain my title for this video, "Cherish Your Losers"

It relates to the part that Tim spoke about losing streaks and going back to your fundamentals. I'm currently winning about 46% of the time while Tim and his millionaire students are winning 60% to 75% of the time. That means that as I learn and get better I will be losing less and less. That's great, but since you can sometimes learn more from a loss than a win... it dawned on me that I need to pay special attention to my losses and really dissect them.

Well that's it for now, short and sweet. On to video 6!

Happy Trading 

No comments:

Post a Comment