Banner

Banner
Welcome to my blog. A lot has changed since I started this thing. I'm now trading live after about a year of paper trading and studying. Originally I had planned on starting part time and slowly growing my account but life has a funny way of changing your plans. I found myself at a crossroads of sorts and quickly realized that I was being given a once in a lifetime opportunity to pursue my goals. I took the leap and I'm not looking back. Follow me here and see the triumphs and the losses.

Updated (08-10-16)

I tend to look for momentum trades that I can hold for anywhere from a few hours to a few days. I usually take positions of $5k to $10k in size to allow larger gains on smaller percentages (it's easier to hit a 1% to 5% gain vs a 10% to 20%+ gainer) and I like to use a trailing stop.

This blog is a way for me to log my progress and to aid me in learning, I hope that you find it useful. Financial freedom isn't given, it is earned. So plant the seeds of education and grow your pennies!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Taking Profits $TRIL, $RPRX, $SDRL

I closed out four trades today with three being gains (two decent and one small), the fourth closed trade was a small loss on $ARTX which was a contract winner from Friday.

I'm kind of surprised that $ARTX didn't do better since it appeared to have several positive things lined up to run another day. I still could have exited for a profit into the morning spike which is exactly how Tim's pattern/plan is supposed to work... but I wasn't able to be at the ready in the opening and let the trade play out until I returned home from dropping my son off at school.

I can tell already that when I begin to trade real money again that I'll likely need to stay awake until the market open to ensure I can catch the spikes and panics. I'm not a morning person and the West coast's market open of 06:30AM truly sucks ass.

The trades that I closed for a profit today were overall great trades.




That leaves me with two swings that are still in play, $AVP that is currently in the red and I probably should exit with the loss but I honestly think the overall downward trended monthly chart will win and this will sink again.

$RJET is the other, but it is in bankruptcy and trades under $RJETQ and I'm not sure how to trade the shares on ThinkorSwim that are sitting under the $RJET ticker. It would be a loss but I'd like to clear the board so to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment