Banner

Banner
Welcome to my blog. A lot has changed since I started this thing. I'm now trading live after about a year of paper trading and studying. Originally I had planned on starting part time and slowly growing my account but life has a funny way of changing your plans. I found myself at a crossroads of sorts and quickly realized that I was being given a once in a lifetime opportunity to pursue my goals. I took the leap and I'm not looking back. Follow me here and see the triumphs and the losses.

Updated (08-10-16)

I tend to look for momentum trades that I can hold for anywhere from a few hours to a few days. I usually take positions of $5k to $10k in size to allow larger gains on smaller percentages (it's easier to hit a 1% to 5% gain vs a 10% to 20%+ gainer) and I like to use a trailing stop.

This blog is a way for me to log my progress and to aid me in learning, I hope that you find it useful. Financial freedom isn't given, it is earned. So plant the seeds of education and grow your pennies!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Murphy's Law

Today was a good example of Murphy's Law. I did my studying and found some good picks, most were in the green today, but what I didn't expect was the Stock Wars app to have a bug. 

All of the orders I placed premarket failed to post. No matter how often I reset the app or updated it the orders remained in pending.

I emailed the company and let them know that this is the second day in a row with issues. If it doesn't fix I will have to start over with another app. 

Very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment