Welcome to my blog!

I've worn many hats during my entrepreneurial journey, including writing and creating whiteboard videos, marketing, investor relations (Blurbeo), owning and managing my own vapor pen brand (TouchESubject), servicing the real estate market and other clients as the CEO of Puget Sound Field Inspections, founded CLV Investments LLC, and currently holding a position with Byte Me LLC as a Digital Marketing Consultant.

This blog was originally started as a way for me to track my progress in trading stocks, but it's has since morphed into much more. I now use it as a window into what I'm doing to reach my goal of financial freedom. You're going to see what I'm doing to create multiple streams of income, articles and interviews that are business related or featuring other entrepreneurs, and most importantly you're going to get to know me and hopefully I can inspire you to pursue your own dreams

I'm a very driven individual with a passion for customer service and improving our communities.

Please feel free to connect. I'd love to do business with you.


Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Shorting a Pump and Cleaning Up: $IO $AUMN $FSI

Today turned out better than I feared after TD Ameritrade was having technical issues on the TOS platform for paper traders. I closed two of the three trades that had been held over from Monday and was luck enough to have a GTC order for shorting a pump get executed.


$AUMN, This was originally a momo trade and I was looking to see the morning momentum continue into the afternoon on Monday. Unfortunately the momentum stalled and I saw my MACD crossover trigger for the exit... only I wasn't able to exit due to the technical issues. I was able to get out today for less than a 5% loss, so while not as good as the less than 1% loss I was looking to exit with, I was able to cut losses.


$FSI, I entered this on Monday looking to catch momentum as the stock was pumped. It didn't move as quickly as I wanted and I attempted to exit. It was held until this morning and I actually saw a bit larger gain because of it.


$NADL, This one is still open. I was planning on exiting this as soon as the trading day opened, but saw that it had almost the same chart as those that I'm doing multi-day swings on. Decided to switch this to a swing, I may regret this but going to test it out.


$IO, I placed a 200 block request to short not really thinking that I'd get the chance. TD Ameritrade isn't the best broker for shorting. The order was executed first thing in the morning as the ticker dropped. I was then able to exit with the use of the indicators to make this a great looking trade.


Screenshots and Notes:






No comments:

Post a Comment