Welcome to my blog!

I've worn many hats during my entrepreneurial journey, including writing and creating whiteboard videos, marketing, investor relations (Blurbeo), owning and managing my own vapor pen brand (TouchESubject), servicing the real estate market and other clients as the CEO of Puget Sound Field Inspections, founded CLV Investments LLC, and currently holding a position with Byte Me LLC as a Digital Marketing Consultant.

This blog was originally started as a way for me to track my progress in trading stocks, but it's has since morphed into much more. I now use it as a window into what I'm doing to reach my goal of financial freedom. You're going to see what I'm doing to create multiple streams of income, articles and interviews that are business related or featuring other entrepreneurs, and most importantly you're going to get to know me and hopefully I can inspire you to pursue your own dreams

I'm a very driven individual with a passion for customer service and improving our communities.

Please feel free to connect. I'd love to do business with you.


Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Taking Profits is Difficult and Revenge Trading is Stupid: $XCO $AVP

I'll start off with the good. Both of my trades today were exited perfectly and resulted in very little loss. I used my indicators as a trigger and managed my risk well in my opinion.


But here is the bad.


#1 $XCO,


I entered this trade to catch some of the upward momentum that it had seen in the first half of the trading day and it appeared to be working well. The indicators (white lines on chart) suggested that we could see a continuation of the trend and prompted me to continue my hold past the HOD... which is were the mistake was. Once that HOD was touched and followed by a red candle I should have exited and walked away with what ever profits would have been there. In this case a little over $200 at the $1.89 a share range. It's easy now from the sidelines to say that, but the reality is that when you are sitting on $200 gains with all signs suggesting more it is very difficult to cut and run.




#2 $AVP,


Looking back now I think I should have not entered this trade. Avon was on my watch list due to some good news that came out the prior night and the chart looked like it may have made a move higher for the EOD push. But the real reason I took the trade was a mix of revenge trading and forced trading because I was a bit upset with myself for not taking profits on the $XCO trade. But I stuck to my indicators for an exit trigger and managed to only take a small hit.



No comments:

Post a Comment