Banner

Banner
Welcome to my blog. A lot has changed since I started this thing. I'm now trading live after about a year of paper trading and studying. Originally I had planned on starting part time and slowly growing my account but life has a funny way of changing your plans. I found myself at a crossroads of sorts and quickly realized that I was being given a once in a lifetime opportunity to pursue my goals. I took the leap and I'm not looking back. Follow me here and see the triumphs and the losses.

Updated (08-10-16)

I tend to look for momentum trades that I can hold for anywhere from a few hours to a few days. I usually take positions of $5k to $10k in size to allow larger gains on smaller percentages (it's easier to hit a 1% to 5% gain vs a 10% to 20%+ gainer) and I like to use a trailing stop.

This blog is a way for me to log my progress and to aid me in learning, I hope that you find it useful. Financial freedom isn't given, it is earned. So plant the seeds of education and grow your pennies!

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Update on Swings the #SKY is the limit!

Watching my swing positions today was a difficult task. I double checked and then checked a third time to ensure that the swing patterns and indicators were still good. But then I forced myself not to watch. A lot of red today for me.


But it isn't all bad today. $SKY has continued to climb and is now a very nice gainer. Some of the other swings did get the red chipped a way a little more as well.


Not sure if I'm closing any of these out tomorrow by the EOD. I hate holding over the weekend, but if the patterns are still good and the indicators aren't screaming at me then I should probably ride it out and see what takes place.


I do think I'll be placing a day trade tomorrow since Fridays can see a lot of volatility.


Update on swing trades:


$AVP -16.71%, short with a target of $3 to $3.50.
$FIG -3.22% , short with a target of about $3.85.
$GRPN -2.47%, short with a target of $3 to $3.20.
$NADL -18.50%, long goal of 10-20%.
$RJET -1.50%, long, looking to exit as soon as ticker is traded again.
$SDRL -7.64%, long goal of 10-20%.
$SKY +35.63%, long goal of 10-20%
$VCEL -7.95%, long goal of 10-20%



Overall total on investment: -6.04%

No comments:

Post a Comment