Welcome to my blog!

I've worn many hats during my entrepreneurial journey, including writing and creating whiteboard videos, marketing, investor relations (Blurbeo), owning and managing my own vapor pen brand (TouchESubject), servicing the real estate market and other clients as the CEO of Puget Sound Field Inspections, founded CLV Investments LLC, and currently holding a position with Byte Me LLC as a Digital Marketing Consultant.

This blog was originally started as a way for me to track my progress in trading stocks, but it's has since morphed into much more. I now use it as a window into what I'm doing to reach my goal of financial freedom. You're going to see what I'm doing to create multiple streams of income, articles and interviews that are business related or featuring other entrepreneurs, and most importantly you're going to get to know me and hopefully I can inspire you to pursue your own dreams

I'm a very driven individual with a passion for customer service and improving our communities.

Please feel free to connect. I'd love to do business with you.


Monday, March 7, 2016

Should'a Would'a Could'a: Comparing $BTU as a Day Trade and Mult-day Swing

$BTU was one of my day trades last Friday and not a good one at that. Poor entry, poor exit, and I failed to cut losses quickly.


Screenshot and Notes from 03-04




As you can see in my screen shot I failed to use my indicator when it showed clear triggers to exit on both the MACD and the AO on a 15min chart. The result was a nasty loss.

$BTU then proceeded to run today, 04-07, with a very nice 41.30% for a gain $1.40 a share.

With that information in hand I decided to take a look at the ticker from the standpoint of it being a multi-day swing trade and using the MACD as I am for $SKY $RADA $NADL, although I'm basing those trades off of a daily chart and not a 15min chart.

But even with a 15min chart the trade would be a completely different P/L.



If I were to have gotten in to the trade when the indicators gave a buy signal at roughly the $2.60 a share price range, with a $1,000 trade window (small account simulation) I would have been looking at a position size of 380 shares. At that entry price and holding over multiple days I would be sitting on gains of 83.85% and a profit of $828.40. Even if I had the same entry as Friday's in at $4.07 a share I'd be sitting on a gain of 17.44% gains and $269.80 in profits.

Granted, this is quarterbacking from the sidelines and after the move, but I am curious if the gains are more probable with a little more time in the trade, much like someone buying a bigger ticker like Amazon then holding for the market uptrend... this would just be on a smaller scale and most likely just during the initial pump/promotion/news/earnings.

Only way to know is to test it. Luckily that doesn't coast me as these are paper trades.


No comments:

Post a Comment