Welcome to my blog!

I've worn many hats during my entrepreneurial journey, including writing and creating whiteboard videos, marketing, investor relations (Blurbeo), owning and managing my own vapor pen brand (TouchESubject), servicing the real estate market and other clients as the CEO of Puget Sound Field Inspections, founded CLV Investments LLC, and currently holding a position with Byte Me LLC as a Digital Marketing Consultant.

This blog was originally started as a way for me to track my progress in trading stocks, but it's has since morphed into much more. I now use it as a window into what I'm doing to reach my goal of financial freedom. You're going to see what I'm doing to create multiple streams of income, articles and interviews that are business related or featuring other entrepreneurs, and most importantly you're going to get to know me and hopefully I can inspire you to pursue your own dreams

I'm a very driven individual with a passion for customer service and improving our communities.

Please feel free to connect. I'd love to do business with you.


Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Swinging $MGT and $CBYL

I may be crazy for dip buying $MGT today with the goal of another run tomorrow because it does feel over-extended now. But so far the ticker seems to be holding its own and despite a pull back at the EOD it gained A/H. The position is a big one because I wanted to test trading with a larger amount of money. I understand that growing your account takes time and me jumping from the $1k positions I've been taking to a $10k is a bit extreme. But at some point I will be switching back to real money and there is a possibility that I may move some finances around to start back up with a larger account.

The benefits of having a larger account are huge, position sizing is bigger, commission slippage is less, no PDT rule, no Free Ride rule issues, etc.

Plus with trading a $10k position I can lower the % I'm aiming for which will drastically increase my odds and lower my risks.

With a $1k position I need to trade multiple times with goals of 10% to 20%+ because a gain of 3% or 4% is only $30 to $40, and when you subtract commissions of roughly $15,... growth is limited.

With a $10k position a 10% gain is $1k, even 3% and 4% gains (much easier to grab) will result in $300 and $400 wins... making the number of trades needed to supplement income and live off trading while growing my account, achievable and realistic.

I'm ranting...

I also placed a small position of 1000 shares on $CBYL for a swing, looking to sell into momentum tomorrow. It broke out of a multi-month level and cracked the $1 level. The possibility of it running to $1.20 or $1.50 is there.


No comments:

Post a Comment