Welcome to my blog!

I've worn many hats during my entrepreneurial journey, including writing and creating whiteboard videos, marketing, investor relations (Blurbeo), owning and managing my own vapor pen brand (TouchESubject), servicing the real estate market and other clients as the CEO of Puget Sound Field Inspections, founded CLV Investments LLC, and currently holding a position with Byte Me LLC as a Digital Marketing Consultant.

This blog was originally started as a way for me to track my progress in trading stocks, but it's has since morphed into much more. I now use it as a window into what I'm doing to reach my goal of financial freedom. You're going to see what I'm doing to create multiple streams of income, articles and interviews that are business related or featuring other entrepreneurs, and most importantly you're going to get to know me and hopefully I can inspire you to pursue your own dreams

I'm a very driven individual with a passion for customer service and improving our communities.

Please feel free to connect. I'd love to do business with you.


Tuesday, June 7, 2016

(HTMM) Video 9 Overview: Tim in a Nut Shell

Sorry I haven't posted an overview of video 9 for Tim's "How to Make Millions", I've been focusing on my trades and honestly there are a few things in my life that may force me to switch from working and trading on the side to just trading full time... even though I don't think I'm 100% ready yet.

At some point I'll go in depth on my family's money issues. We all have challenges in life and the last few years have really made it clear that I need to get going on pushing towards financial freedom. The longer you wait the harder it becomes. Plus life is short and I want to provide my family with the best life possible.

Anyways, back to the video overview:

As with videos 1 through 8, 9 mentions several times that you need to cut losses quickly. Remember, Tim and his most successful students only win 60% to 70% of the time. That means those losses must be managed because if you are loosing big 30% or 40% you're going to cancel out your wins or worse, you're going to stay in the red and slowly bleed out your capital.

One thing Tim mentioned before going into his "Summarized Strategy" was to make sure you are not anticipating the breakout. You should wait for conformation first. This is something that I've been guilty of and I've had potential breakouts fade on me.

Strategy:
  1. Keep it simple. Tim trades with a laptop and smart phone. You don't need the bells and whistles with twenty screens.
  2. Tim stays 100% cash most of the time.
  3. Always looking for trades but not falling for FOMO. He treats it like he's a retired trader.
  4. Focus on one trade at a time, aiming to make a few hundred or thousand at a time.
  5. Trading is not like a salary, it is opportunistic in nature so look as profits over time.
  6. If the breakout is weak or doesn't happen get out.
  7. If the breakdown is weak or doesn't happen when shorting, get out.
  8. Be able to trade long or short, it doubles the opportunities
  9. Focus on netting the meat of the move, no perfect trades
  10. Always look for the big percent gainers, 1day, 3day, 5day, 2-4weeks
  11. Avoid non-volatile stock that have dropped 20% to 50% as they are too unpredictable.
  12. Look for solid news catalyst and solid chart. With both in place your risk is reduced.
  13. Plan and look for risk reward, not the total profits.
  14. Stick to your plans and focus on the overall goals
  15. No leverage or taking too long of swings
  16. Don't try and force trades to match your schedule
  17. Slowly build your account.
  18. Look to make $1k to $2k average per trade and rinse and repeat.
  19. Never force trades
  20. Ignore long-term investments and make your money work harder for you.
  21. You don't have to short, but you should learn about it and how shorters see the market
  22. Take it one trade at a time, don't get overly emotional and remember that this is a journey.

You'll notice that Tim tends to repeat certain concepts throughout the videos, blogs, twitter posts, youtube etc... Cut losses, don't force the trades, educate yourself, its a journey.

I'm working on taking notes on video 10 and will post the overview soon.

In the meantime please feel free to follow me on:

Profit.ly @paperaccount and @Alleywolf
Twitter @MateoHellion
Instagram @MateoHellion

No comments:

Post a Comment