Welcome to my blog!

I've worn many hats during my entrepreneurial journey, including writing and creating whiteboard videos, marketing, investor relations (Blurbeo), owning and managing my own vapor pen brand (TouchESubject), servicing the real estate market and other clients as the CEO of Puget Sound Field Inspections, founded CLV Investments LLC, and currently holding a position with Byte Me LLC as a Digital Marketing Consultant.

This blog was originally started as a way for me to track my progress in trading stocks, but it's has since morphed into much more. I now use it as a window into what I'm doing to reach my goal of financial freedom. You're going to see what I'm doing to create multiple streams of income, articles and interviews that are business related or featuring other entrepreneurs, and most importantly you're going to get to know me and hopefully I can inspire you to pursue your own dreams

I'm a very driven individual with a passion for customer service and improving our communities.

Please feel free to connect. I'd love to do business with you.


Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Time to Eat Crow Pie $CLF $BOSC $IMNP

I made a few stupid mistakes today and so now I'm going to force myself to eat a little crow pie.

My first mistake was with my entry in $BOSC on Tuesday. I really should have waited until closer to the EOD before deciding to go long or short. The fade into the EOD should have been a big red flag for me not to go long and to maybe consider a short play instead. The second mistake with $BOSC was that I neglected to set a GTC stop loss knowing that catching the opening hour is difficult for me because of my family schedule.

I wasn't thinking about that and logged on to ToS at about 7:30am... and saw that my position had not closed... it was sitting on a +20% loss and roughly $2,700 of a hit on my paper account.

But that wasn't enough for me. I then attempted a short on $CLF with a position at $4.03 thinking that the morning fade was going to continue. It reversed on me and I didn't cut losses as fast as I should have and took a -6.7% hit with a loss of $675. I then made a bit of a revenge trade and attempted to short it again, and again it reversed. This time I had a hard stop set and was knocked out with a -2.38% loss and roughly a $250 loss on the paper account.

I was reading the chart all wrong and looking back now I should have been going long with watching the break out levels


My last trade went better and I was happy with my entry and the position of my stop loss. I took a long position in $IMNP at $0.39 and a goal of hitting the HOD of $0.50. I have a hard stop set at $0.34 and had originally wanted to exit the trade near the EOD. My limit order wasn't executed fast enough and so I wasn't able to take profits on the 3% to 4% gains.








Follow me on Twitter @MateoHellion
Follow me on Profit.ly @Alleywolf
Follow me on Profit.ly @PaperAccount


No comments:

Post a Comment