Welcome to my blog!

I've worn many hats during my entrepreneurial journey, including writing and creating whiteboard videos, marketing, investor relations (Blurbeo), owning and managing my own vapor pen brand (TouchESubject), servicing the real estate market and other clients as the CEO of Puget Sound Field Inspections, founded CLV Investments LLC, and currently holding a position with Byte Me LLC as a Digital Marketing Consultant.

This blog was originally started as a way for me to track my progress in trading stocks, but it's has since morphed into much more. I now use it as a window into what I'm doing to reach my goal of financial freedom. You're going to see what I'm doing to create multiple streams of income, articles and interviews that are business related or featuring other entrepreneurs, and most importantly you're going to get to know me and hopefully I can inspire you to pursue your own dreams

I'm a very driven individual with a passion for customer service and improving our communities.

Please feel free to connect. I'd love to do business with you.


Monday, June 13, 2016

Penny Farmer's Monday Harvest


PennyFarmer’s Monday Harvest
I’m pretty happy with how the trading went today. I ended up only trading one of the stocks on the Main Crop list and made two trades from the Side Crop list. By the EOD I am up $292 in realized gains with a position in $GEVO holding overnight.
My first trade was in $UVXY and was honestly meant to be a short play with an entry of $14.25 because the MAC-D and AO were quickly approaching their zero lines and I thought it was going to begin an afternoon fade. It started to head back up as I was entering my hard stop loss at $14.30 to risk $0.05… that’s when my limit filled and it ended up taking a $40 profit. I was really confused at first because the profit didn’t make sense. That is when I realized that when I had manually entered the number of shares into my order I neglected to include (-) before the number of shares which changed the position from a short to a long. I’ll take the luck as a small price to pay for a lesson on paying attention to the details.
My second trade was in $TVIX with an entry of $3.28, right at the breakout level for a small pullback on upward momentum. It then popped up to $3.36 range and I set a hard stop loss at $3.34. It pulled back slightly and knocked me out with a nice little gain of $192 for a 15 minute hold.  Eventually it closed at about $3.52 so I ended up leaving a good amount on the table.

I made one last trade in $GEVO as we neared the EOD because the MAC-D and AO were approaching the zero lines. I think I jumped the gun on this one and entered a little too early. My entry is .49 and it did pop to .50 but then started to fade into the close. I think this may pop to the .52 resistance or maybe retest the .55 HOD from today. I’m going to hold it overnight and I have a tight stop loss set at .47 risking 0.02. Like I mentioned in the Main Crops list yesterday, there is still a few catalysts out there circulating and the company has been getting some screen time in the local news outlets so I feel this is worth the risk.

Thank you again for those of you who send messages and words of wisdom. Please feel free to contact me with comments or questions.
Please follow me:
 Twitter @MateoHellion
Profit.ly on @paperaccount & @PennyFarmer
Instagram @MateoHellion

No comments:

Post a Comment